The biggest change list ever.
Today on their official Blog, DICE have revealed the massive list of changes coming in the next update for Battlefield 3 (no ETA on the release of the patch at the moment), which will be rolled out on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
The list is one of the biggest change lists I’ve ever seen and they state that it’s not even the full list yet, so we can expect to see tons of tweaks and fixes when the patch is rolled out. They are updating everything from General Gameplay, Weapons and Vehicles, to even updates to Weapon Accessories and Deathmatch game types.
The following changes below are just a taste of what’s included in the patch, and if you want to read the insanely long list in full, then you can read it here.
GENERAL GAMEPLAY FIXES:
- Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls.
- Players now get up from Prone slightly faster, allowing better odds of getting away from a grenade or threat when prone.
- Fixed some situations that would unintentionally make a player unrevivable.
- Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn. The fade is still necessary for properly streaming in loading content at spawn, but it has been substantially reduced.
- Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
- Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
- Increased the speed at which a player regains accuracy when aiming after moving for a more responsive experience. Firing before fully zoomed will still result inaccurate fire.
- Increased the inaccuracy and recoil added when a player is fully suppressed.
- The A10 properly gives Jet score again.
- Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
- Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable.
- Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
- Increased the damage done by TOW weapons to armored vehicles.
- Increased the rate of fire and minimum damage of the Coax HMG.
- Increased the damage mounted gunner .50cal HMGs do at long range.
- Increased the power of the repair tool when killing soldiers or destroying vehicles slightly.
- Added Extended Mags to the ASVAL. The Extended Mags can be unlocked at 200 kills with the AS VAL.
- Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and increased its maximum damage at close range.
- Fixed aimed firing max accuracy on the Pecheneg to be consistent with other LMGs.
- Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
- The M26 MASS frag and slug rounds are now the more effective pump action versions.
- The M26 MASS and M320 now benefit from the Laser Sight when mounted with an Underslung Rail.
- Fixed the bolt action timer on the L96 that would cause an animation glitch.
- 9x39mm rounds no longer benefit from the Sniper headshot bonus.
- Increased the damage of the 9x39mm rounds at long range.
- Fixed a bug where players would spawn close to the enemy team at the start of the round.
- Tehran Highway playable area has been doubled and is now the same as the Squad Deathmatch set up. Spawn points have been tweaked, and an extra spawn zone has been added north of the footbridge.
- Kharg Island has a new spawn zone layout, along with a bigger playable area and new cover objects. Spawn points have also been tweaked.
- Strike at Karkand spawns zones have been tweaked to improve player flow. Spawn points have been tweaked to improve safety upon spawning.
- Sharqi Peninsula spawn zones have been adjusted to optimize player movement. Spawn points have been tweaked so players spawn more safely.
- Seine Crossing spawn zone set up has been improved. There is a new spawn zone by the alleyway to the northwest with additional spawn points.
- Caspain Border spawn zones have been tweaked slightly.