“Did a Porsche throw up on you?”
This week, on May 22nd, Forza Motorsport 4 will receive its biggest piece of downloadable content yet, with the Porsche Expansion pack.
Not only does it include 30 new Porsche models such as the 911 GT2, 550A Spyder, Cayman R and the Carrera GT (click here to see all of the models revealed so far), but it will also feature new Porsche-centric content including 20 new career events, new rivals mode events, new online multiplayer playlists and 10 new achievements (250G in total).
“The upcoming Porsche Expansion Pack for Forza Motorsport 4 is great news for racing fans and I’m pleased that we’ve been able to work closely with EA on an agreement that brings one of the world’s most iconic automotive brands to Forza 4.” Said, Creative Director at Turn 10, Dan Greenawalt.
The Porsche Expansion pack for Forza 4 will cost 1600 MS Points (and it is not included in the Forza 4 Season Pass), which seems high at first, but it is a fair price for the amount of content it includes when you compare it to their previous DLC releases which were 560 Points each for only 10 cars. So 30 cars, plus extra content for 1600 seems fair to me. Plus, there’s always the option of just not buying it.
Update: We have since found out that anyone who purchases the Forza 4 VIP Membership will receive a 400 MS Point discount on the Porsche Expansion pack, making it now 1200 MS Points. The VIP membership was originally included in the Forza 4 Collector’s Edition but is now available for everyone to purchase for 1200 MS Points and includes the following items:
- Five (5) Limited Collector’s Edition cars: 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge, 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, 2010 Noble M600, 2011 RUF Rt 12 R
- VIP members will save 400 MS points off the purchase price of the Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche Expansion Pack, available on May 22 (NOTE: VIP members should purchase the Porsche Expansion Pack via the Forza Motorsport 4 in-game Marketplace to receive the discounted purchase price)
- Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team (such as custom-liveried cars, in-game credits, etc.)
- VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members have access to exclusive monthly Rivals Mode events in Forza Motorsport 4
- Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive an extra page per category where they can feature additional photographs, tuning setups, vinyl groups, designs, replays, etc.
- Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP’s can store an additional two videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery
- VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in Forza Motorsport 4
The VIP Membership is also pretty cool because Turn 10 will donate $10 of every purchase to the Save The Children charity organization, up to $100,000. Nice. You can check out a quick trailer for the Porsche Expansion pack below.