Will launch with title update 1.7.3.
Microsoft announced today that they will be releasing the first Minecraft Skin Pack DLC on Monday July 16th, just after the release of title update 1.7.3, which went into certification today and should be released within the next 10 days.
One of the new features in version 1.7.3 is the option to change Steve’s skin while playing in multiplayer, with eight default skins to pick from. You can then purchase Skin Pack 1, which will feature 40 new skins for Steve, some original and some based on other video characters including ‘Splosion Man, a Creeper, a Covenant Grunt and a rider from Trials. No price has been confirmed for Skin Pack 1 yet.
Update: PlayXBLA.com have announced 10 more of the skins included in Skin Pack 1, which are Banjo, Jack of Blades, Carmine, Ms Splosion Man, a Prisoner, Master Chief, Squid Man, Old School Trials, a Wizard and Splosion Man Scientist. Screenshots for the newly announced skins have been added below.
Title update 1.7.3 for Minecraft on the Xbox 360 will include the following changes: (list is from the PC version update)
- Added pistons.
- Fixed clay generation.
- Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Fences can be stacked.
- Added Shears.
- Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
- Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them.
- Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
- Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8).
- When pressing F3 in-game, a value (“F”) from 0 to 3 will appear to indicate direction.
- The gray textures in the breaking animation have been replaced with opacity.
- Squid can now despawn.
- Single slabs now use the bottom half of the full block’s texture.
- Cobweb now requires shears or a sword to be broken properly, and drops 1 string when destroyed.
- The bed side texture has been moved in the texture pack file, as well as the cake texture.
- Option to change multiplayer skin.