Patches of the Abyss.
The console versions of Dark Souls finally received the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, last week, but a patch was also downloaded to your hard drive at the same time. Just what was this update? Well, it was the 1.06 patch and we’ve got the patch notes right here.
Below are the full Dark Souls 1.06 patch notes, courtesy of Namco Bandai:
1. Patched the following exploits:
- Dragon Head glitch
- Bottomless Box glitch
2. Fixed the issue where Homing Soulmass and similar tracing magic does not categorize an invading player as an enemy.
3. Fixed any instances where players cannot obtain specific Covenant based items.
Darkwraith armor set
- Path of the Dragon
- Gravelord Servant
Miracle: Gravelord Sworddance
- Darkmoon Blade
Darkmoon Covenant Ring
Miracle: Darkmoon Blade
4. Fixed instances where players cannot obtain the Sunlight Maggot.
5. Fixed all instances where players were able to discard items through an item glitch.
6. Fixed instances where players on NG+ and beyond could not access certain Feed Item categories when feeding items to Kingseeker Frampt.
7. All Fire, Chaos, and Lightning Elemental weapon parameters adjusted to lower values.
8. Divine shield parameter adjusted to read the proper player parameter (from INT to FAI).
9. Adjusted to allow those who take riposte or backstab damage avoid spammed backstab attacks.
10. When playing against other players, Greatsword and Greataxe stunlocks adjusted.
11. The amount of stamina depleted when attacking from behind a shield increased (such as Spears and Rapiers).
12. Mask of the Father, Mask of the Mother, Hornet’s Ring effects lowered.
13. Eagle Greatshield physical defense value lowered.
14. (PlayStation 3: R1, Xbox 360: RB) Black Knight Greataxe damage output reduced.
15. Dark Wood Grain Ring wait value adjusted to affect weight 1Ž4 of player weight capacity.
16. Soulspear, Crystal Soul Spear and Sunlight Spear effects to opponent’s Poise adjusted.
17. The amount of Humanity which can be obtained from the dead body at the Firelink Shrine increased to 3.
18. Removed the Homeward Bone acquiring event after ringing the bell at the Undead Parish.
19. Oswald of Carim will sell unlimited amounts of Homeward Bones.
20. Added warp areas to the Lordvessel.
- The Depths
- Undead Parish
- Painted World of Ariamis
- Tomb of the Giants
- Duke’s Archives
- Crystal Cave
21. The 2 NPC enemies which appear after turning Anor Londo into dark will not respawn.