Arisen! Arisen? Did you hear about the new adventure?
When Capcom originally announced Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, it sounded like it was going to be a DLC but since then it’s grown into a full fledged expansion, but not quite a sequel.
The “next chapter” in the Dragon’s Dogma story will take players just off the coast of Gransys called Bitterblack Island. Here you will find an underground realm filled with new monsters and new challenges. Dark Arisen will be released as a standalone disc, as well as a full download on the PS3, and will retail for $39.99 so we expect it to be a substantial addition to the series.
Players of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to import their characters into Dark Arisen and will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes. New features include:
All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus…
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Level 3 Skills
- And there’s more:
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
Other updates Capcom are promising are an updated menu system and “easier travel”. I truly hope that means they’ve implemented some sort of fast travel system as that was my main complaint with the original. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on April 23rd, 2013.
Watch the trailer below: