Be the update.
Crytek have rolled out two new patches for Crysis 3 today: Patch 1.1 and Data Patch B. Whether you own the PC, PS3 or Xbox 360 version of the game, the next time you turn it on you’ll be prompted to download and install Patch 1.1 and then it will automatically download (behind the scenes) Data Patch B the next time you enter the multiplayer portion of the game.
You can read the full patch notes for both Patch 1.1 and Data Patch B below.
- Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
- Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
- Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
- Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
- Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
- Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
- Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
- Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
- Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
- Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
- Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
- Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
- Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
- Fix for players occasionally spawning with wrong loadout in Assault (PC Only)
- Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
- Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
- Significant optimisation to Medium detail settings (PC Only)
- Particle optimisation (PC Only)
- Fix for crash when loading a checkpoint under certain circumstances during
- Fix for the player not being able to pass the first hacking challenge in Jailbreak if the “melee” action is assigned on the “F” key
- Fix for the Hammer pistol laser pointer attachment not being unlocked after completing Jailbreak which prevented players from reaching 100% completion
- Fix for rare bug at the end of the River mission which resulted in the player losing most of their inventory, the possibility to pick-up items and the bow
- Fix for lack of feedback sounds when the player pickups ammo from weapons on the floor
Data Patch B:
- Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A’s melee damage
- Typhoon mid range damage reduction
- Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on PS3/X360 as they have similar zoom values. PC remains as before
- SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
- Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4′s destroyed
- Potential fix for “Incoming!” Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
- Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly
Crytek were also quick to point out that on top of fixing many problems, this new patch created a new one as well. It’s only a minor UI issue that makes it look like you have less Dog Tags than you did before the patch, even though you still have them.
“We have identified an issue in Patch 1.1 where the Dog Tags screen in Player Profile will show you having less dog tags than before the patch, this will affect all platforms when the patch goes live. We have identified the issue and have a fix in place but there will be a period of time before this can be rolled out. This only affects the dogtags in the 5th and 6th categories in the Dog Tags screen.
It is important to note that this is a UI issue rather than you actually losing your dogtags, the game still knows what you have/haven’t unlocked but is not correctly displaying them.”