An update to reduce the amount of updates.
This week’s Halo Bulletin revealed the change list for an upcoming Halo 4 Title Update, which includes various fixes and changes, such as a new feature that allows 343i to make weapon adjustments behind the scenes without having to release an update that we would have to download.
“Previously added weapon adjustments, such as the Bolt Shot Nerf that went live last month, needed a title update in order to be released. With this title update, we are adding the ability to make weapon adjustments outside of the standard title update process. This will allow us to fine tune and tweak the Halo 4 sandbox as often or not as often as needed. One thing to keep in mind is that even the tiniest of changes affects the sandbox as a whole, so these adjustments will be closely scrutinized and carefully tested before being released.”
They didn’t announce a release date for the Title Update, only saying that it would be available in the coming weeks. We’ll update again when we know the exact release date.
Title Update Change List:
- Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
- Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
- Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
- Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization on their in-game Player Card.
- Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.
- Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
- Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.