The fix is near.
Update: Title Update 1 did not work as expected and the fixes are now being rolled into Title Update 2. You can read more about it here.
Original Article: I’ve been having a great time with State of Decay over the last week, but it definitely has its share of problems, with bugs and glitches rearing their ugly heads quite often. I talked about some of the issues I experienced in my review and I’m sure you’ve seen some as well. Thankfully, Undead Labs confirmed that Title Update 1 has been submitted for certification and they hope to see it released next week.
State of Decay’s first game update doesn’t include any new features, but it does include several fixes and changes that should help minimize our issues. There are still plenty of issues that I’ve experienced not addressed in this update, so hopefully this is just the start of a steady stream of updates. Seriously, I’ve had like 10 cars disappear after a cutscene ends. It’s getting out of control and needs to stop.
You can read the full list of changes in State of Decay’s first patch below and we’ll update again when we know the exact release date.
- Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
- Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
- Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
- NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
- The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- UPDATED: The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
- Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
- Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
- NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
- You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
- Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
- NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
- Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
- Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
- Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
- Fixed various translations bugs.