It’s still hard.
While the rest of us are counting the days until Dark Souls 2′s release date, the guys at Playstation Access had a chance to check out the game themselves and they’re ready to show you five things they learned.
In a demo playthrough with Namco Bandai, Playstation Access discovered that:
1. Every enemy is dangerous - This is nothing new to fans of the Souls series, but always an important fact to keep in mind. Even the lowliest minion is usually only two or three hits away from killing you at any time.
2. Weapon choice is crucial - Dark Souls 2 offers three weapon slots for each hand and choosing the right one for each situation is going to be one of your keys to success.
3. Get yourself behind every enemy - Every enemy is easier to take down from behind, and you also get to see the cool new backstab animations that Dark Souls 2 has to offer.
4. Bosses are still punishing - The now famous ‘Mirror Knight’ shows you just how tough the bosses can be if you don’t pay attention to their patterns and build a strategy.
5. Each class is unique - Your starting choice of character class: Soldier, Warrior, Sorcerer, Temple Knight, Dual Swordsman, or Hunter, is a more important choice than ever before. Starting abilities and stats are more unique for each class this time around so choose wisely.
Check out the Dark Souls 2 video demo from Playstation Access below, and while you do, I’m going to add my own sixth thing that I learned: the guys at Namco Bandai need some practice. Enjoy: