It won’t stop you from dying though.
The next patch for Dark Souls 2 will be rolling out to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 soon, and it will bring the game up to version 1.03.
The Dark Souls 2 version 1.03 patch will be rolling out on the following schedule:
For Playstation 3:
April 9th 9:00am JST– Released in Asia (except Japan)
April 11th 9:00am GMT– Released in EMEA and Oceania
April 11th 4:00am EDT– Released in Americas
For Xbox 360:
April 11th 6:00am GMT – Released worldwide
The version 1.3 patch notes include:
Dark Souls II 1.03 Patch Notes:
-Failing to create Multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items, such as White Soapstone.
-Players now receive a small portion of Humanity after successfully assisting in a Multiplayer session instead of regaining full Humanity.
-Starting boss fight with the Looking Glass Knight while summoning other players no longer cancels the summoning process.
-Fixed an issue that prevented some bloodstains, illusions, and messages from being displayed.
-Fixed an issue where “Unable to participate in Multiplayer Session” could constantly appear.
-Fixed some instances where the portrait of the person you were summoning was different than the actual character.
-You will no longer be able to take off Covenant rings while being summoned.
-Fixed an issue that would cause some summoned players to fall through the ground at Earthen Peak.
GAME MENU / INTERFACE / CONTROLS
-Optimized Start Menu and Bonfire Menu performance.
-Trophy icon for “Holder of the Fort” has been fixed.
-Controller now vibrates when blocking an attack
-Bug involving Drangleic Castle door not opening has been fixed.
-Fixed an issue that would cause Souls to be lost upon death with the Ring of Life Protection equipped.
-Fixed an issue that caused some players to fall through elevators while using Binoculars and Magic simultaneously.
-Fixed an issue causing some enemies being hit by arrows at long distances receive 0 damage.
-Fixed an issue preventing the Brotherhood of Blood duels from starting properly.
-Added a message for players that displays after entering the coffin in Things Betwixt
-Fixed an issue where all of the items and objects in an area would reset (Without using a Bonfire Ascetic).
-Fixed an issue that didn’t unlock some items from vendors on 2nd and beyond playthrough.
-Fixed an issue causing the requirements for the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant be 50 too high.
-Licia’s conditions for moving have been optimized.
Along with the 1.03 Patch, From Software will also be releasing the 1.04 Calibrations and they will include:
- Changed the “heavy” throwing animation for Corrosive Urns. Reduced corrosive damage to items when hit.
- Increase in durability on Twin Blade Weapon / Decreased their durability degradation.
- Moonlight Greatsword can no longer be enchanted and buffed. Attack animation has been slowed / adjusted.
- The upward adjustment weight, the degree of toughness, the defense of “large helmet of Gerumu warrior” Armor (Thanks Google Translate. I have no idea what a Gerumu is).
- Reduced damage from the Ring of Thorns.
- Reduced damage from the Ring of the Old Sun
- Damage will not decrease for every enemy that Soul Spear pieces trough.
- Increase in casting time and decrease of damage for Soul Greatsword
- Upward adjustment of the bullet speed “lump of Seoul to be tracked” magic “crystal mass of Seoul to be tracked”, and a lower adjustment of stamina take the amount of darkness surgery “those who follow” (Unsure of the horrible Google Translate)
- The downward adjustment of the amount of damage “torrent of Seoul” magic (I’m guessing a nerf in Soul Geyser or Soul Vortex)
- Casting speed on recovery spells being lengthened.
- Increased casting time and decreased damage for Wrath of Gods
- Decrease in damage and increase in casting time for all Fire Storm-esque pyromancies. Might also include a decrease in damage for Forbidden Sun.
- Increased defense for Lucatiel, Benhart, and Manscorpion Tark (one other NPC mentioned).
- The downward adjustment of the HP enemy “rupture the Dead” (???)
- Female mages in Shrine Of Amana receiving nerf in both damage and their spell’s tracking ability.
- Fire Lizards in Forest of Fallen Giants will not spit fire in slower intervals.
- Downward adjustment period the occurrence of the shock wave of attack during downswing enemy of “backpack hammer” (???)
- The Last Giant now does even less damage to players and Well-Mannered Pate.
- The Lost Sinner now has less HP and does less damage.
- Royal Rat Authority now has less HP and does less damage
- Duke’s Dear Freja’s laser breath now does less damage.
- Enemies around Sinner’s Rise now do less damage
- Shadow Men in the Flexile Sentry’s Boss area in NG+ now do less damage